INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DEGREE PATHWAYS
Degree preparation at Roosevelt University
Pre-Master's Program for MBA, MPA and MS degrees
The Pre-Master's Program offers on-campus MBA preparation, MPA preparation, master's in marketing communications preparation, and HRM master's preparation to international students at Roosevelt University in Chicago.
Designed for International Students
The Pre-Master's Program is for international students who want to study a US master's degree but:
* The exception is MBA applicants with a GPA range of 2.75-2.9. These students must have a GMAT or GRE score to gain admission to the Pre-Master's Program.
- have too low English proficiency for direct entry to a master's degree (TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.5)
- do not have an official TOEFL/IELTS score
- have not taken the GMAT or GRE* (standard US graduate admissions tests)
Students are accepted into Roosevelt University through the Pre-Master's Program provided they meet all the University's other academic standards.
The Pre-Master’s Program will prepare you with the study skills and deeper academic understand needed for a master’s degree at Roosevelt.
You will study a combination of English for Academic Purposes classes to advance your English language skills, as well as academic study skills classes, and classes specific to your degree. Your coursework will be determined after your arrival at the International Study Center.
Some classes may include:
- Listening & Speaking
- Reading & Writing
- Critical Thinking
- U.S. Culture.
Moving on to your MBA, MPA or MS degree
After the Pre-Master's Program, international students can start graduate studies on a business administration, public administration, marketing communications master's or human resource master's degree program.
Master's Degree Progression Requirements
- completion of capstone project: work based on research, work that demonstrates understanding of academic texts, work that demonstrates the ability to speak in a variety of settings and for a range of purposes
- formal presentation to accompany capstone project written work.
- maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all courses
- Complete an exit and English assessment interview