International Student Support Services
The team at the International Study Center will help with all aspects of your admission to Roosevelt University, and support you from the moment you arrive to the time you progress to your degree program at University.
Dedicated Support and Services at the ISC
You will receive complete support, expert guidance and services dedicated to international students. We monitor your progress and provide assistance.
Easy Application Process
With our helpful guidance and advice, your application will gain the preferred attention it deserves. You will benefit from expert pre-application counseling from our Student Enrollment Advisors, and a streamlined application process that focuses on helping you achieve your goals quickly and easily.
We provide clear instructions on the supporting evidence and application documents you must provide with your application to Roosevelt University, and the ways in which you must submit them.
- Contact us with specific questions about these documents.
We organize all the practical details for you, including your accommodation and meal plan (undergraduate students only), medical and insurance arrangements, and airport transfer. We can also help with visa applications and other official documentation. It's all part of the service.
New Student Orientation
The International Study Center New Student Orientation provides you with the information you need to know while adjusting to life in the USA. It includes workshops, presentations, and activities that are fun, interactive and educational:
- Open a bank account
- Shop for essential items for your new home.
- Discover how to make the most of your Roosevelt experience
- Make friends before classes begin
- Get tips from teachers on how to succeed in the classroom
- Understand the differences between high school and college
- Enjoy some great entertainment, social and fun activities
- Get settled before classes begin
International Study Center Support Staff
The friendly ISC front desk staff, under the direction of the ISC Operations Coordinator, is your first point of contact for many questions, and a source of valuable advice. Contact them if you:
- Have general questions about life in the USA and Chicago, or where to buy things, etc.
- Wish to speak about personal problems and do not know who to go to
- Have a question about your fees, payment of fees, or refunds
- Are experiencing problems with your visa or visa renewal
- Would like information about something at the University
- Have an issue with your housing and need to know who to speak with
- Need academic advising, support, and instructional assistance
The ISC Center Director and the ISC Admissions Manager will also provide comprehensive assistance and support during your time at the International Study Center. And, of course, your English language teachers and professors guide you on your pathway to a US degree.
Tracking Your Progress
All International Study Center students take placement tests soon after arrival at Roosevelt University, to determine English, writing and mathematical abilities. The duration of your pathway program is not confirmed until this time.
During your time at the Center, you will receive at least 2 progress reports during each semester from the Center Director. These reports contain your grades in each class. Your Grade Point Average (GPA) is calculated each semester and recorded on the official university transcript for all Roosevelt-credit courses taken at the International Study Center.